Published on August 4th, 2015 | by Mick Brennan0
Gamescom 2015: Microsoft Briefing Announcements
This years Gamescom press briefing showed fans world-premiere gameplay of anticipated exclusives “Crackdown 3,” “Scalebound” and “Killer Instinct Season 3,” alongside a new gameplay demo of the heavily anticipated “Quantum Break.” Xbox also announced “Halo Wars 2” — an exciting new strategy game packed with fast-paced action, massive battles and an all-new Halo story, coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in fall 2016.
Shawn Ashmore, lead actor for Remedy Entertainment’s “Quantum Break,” surprised fans as he took the stage with Remedy’s Creative Director Sam Lake to discuss and showcase the game’s latest time-amplified gameplay features.
By popular fan request, Xbox announced DVR for Over-the-Air TV is coming to Xbox One as a subscription-free service in 2016. Once Xbox One is set up for over-the-air TV, Xbox One owners will be able to record their favourite TV shows, movies and sporting events and store them onto a hard drive, so the amount of recorded content is only limited by the size of the drive.
The launch of “Rare Replay” on Aug. 4, 2015, kicks off the 2015 Xbox games lineup, which was the most awarded lineup in Xbox history at E3 2015. Today at gamescom, the company revealed more 2015 games news and gave fans an in-depth look at the blockbuster games available this fall:
- 343 Industries signaled the return of Halo eSports with the Halo World Championship, kicking off this fall with the biggest investment in Halo eSports history — a $1 million prize pool.
- Crystal Dynamics gave fans their first look at one of the expansive hubs gamers will be able to explore in the highly anticipated “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” before showing off Lara’s new guerilla combat skills and the awe-inspiring Prophets Tomb, filled with secrets to be discovered when the game releases this November, exclusively on Xbox.
- Turn 10 Studios announced four additional tracks coming to “Forza Motorsport 6,” each built from the ground up for this generation — Circuit of the Americas, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Sonoma Raceway and Germany’s famous Hockenheimring — as well as all-new Forza Race Leagues that offer competitive 24-player multiplayer on dedicated servers.2
- Electronic Arts shared a look at “FIFA 16,” detailing the full roster and new features coming to FIFA Ultimate Team Legends, and reminded fans that EA Access members3 will get exclusive early access to the game beginning Sept. 17, only on Xbox One.
- Gamers who purchase Square Enix and Avalanche Studios’ upcoming open-world action adventure “Just Cause 3” on Xbox One will exclusively receive “Just Cause 2. 4”
- Ubisoft provided a look at the German CTU featured in its upcoming multiplayer shooter “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.” Gamers who purchase the game on Xbox One will exclusively receive both “Rainbow Six Vegas” and “Rainbow Six Vegas 2. 4”
- Oxeye Game Studio, co-founded by “Minecraft” Lead Developer Jens Bergensten, Daniel Brynolf and Pontus Hammarberg, will launch indie title “Cobalt” as a console exclusive on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in October 2015.
- ID@Xbox showed several innovative titles at gamescom, including “Worms WMD,” “Thimbleweed Park,” “Train Simulator,” “Ark : Survival Evolved,” “Sheltered,” “We Happy Few,” “Bloodstained” and more than 30 independent games coming to Windows 10. Fans have a lot more to look forward to, as more than 150 new ID@Xbox titles are coming in the next 12 months.
- Just in time for the holidays, two exclusive “FIFA 16” console bundles, a limited edition “Halo 5: Guardians” console bundle and two new limited edition controllers from “Halo 5: Guardians,” are all available for preorder starting today.
- Mojang announced that since the launch of “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” beta less than a week ago, players have travelled more than 826 million meters in-game; the equivalent of circling the earth 20 times.
In addition to the previously announced “Forza Motorsport 6” Limited Edition Console and Xbox One “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” Bundle, Microsoft offers also announced new bundles for the Xmas season 2015:
- Xbox One “Halo 5: Guardians” Limited Edition Bundle. Featuring a 1TB custom-designed console and controller, a full game download of “Halo 5: Guardians,” the Warzone REQ Bundle that includes 14 premium Requisition Packs, access to “Halo: The Fall of Reach” animated series, and more. The bundle is available starting Oct. 20 for an estimated retail price of $499.99/399 pounds/499 euros, so fans will have the benefit of pre-downloading “Halo 5: Guardians” to be ready for launch day.
- Xbox One 1TB and 500GB EA SPORTS™ “FIFA 16” Bundles. Pre-order the Xbox One 1TB EA SPORTS™ “FIFA 16” bundle or Xbox One 500GB EA SPORTS “FIFA 16” bundles today. The Xbox One 1TB EA Sports “FIFA 16” Bundle includes a full-game download of “FIFA 16,” three Xbox exclusive FIFA Ultimate Team Loan Legends and one-year of EA Access for an estimated retail price of $399.99/369 pounds/399 euros. The Xbox One 500GB EA SPORTS “FIFA 16” Bundle includes a full-game download7 of “FIFA 16,” three Xbox exclusive FIFA Ultimate Team Loan Legends and one-month EA Access for an estimated retail price of 319 pounds/369 euros. Regional offers may vary. As an EA Access member, play “FIFA 16” and other upcoming EA games on Xbox One for a limited time before they’re released.